Saturday, July 01, 2006

A scream in the park

So I'll keep the name as it is until I hear from those nice people at Blogger.

On my way to work yesterday, I saw a lesser black-backed gull attacking a young fox in the park. The gull dived at the fox, screaming and pecking at its head. The fox just ducked down, and then sat up again when the bird had passed. They did this several times. The fox didn't run away as a cat would have done; it just stood there, looking at me. The gull flew up into a tree, and then made another screaming pass. I could have watched for as long as the confrontation lasted, but I had to go to work. I wish I'd had a video camera. (And I did: my phone has one, but it's not very good.)

Thought of a twist to the ending. It involves the main characters confronting an author at a book-signing to get him to pick up writing one of his unfinished characters so that she (the character) will stop unleashing chaos on the world. But the author, deviously, sends the story off in a new direction. Note how I'm becoming cagey about plot details. It's all a bit up-in-the-air at the moment.

Rang my mother to ask if she'd been to a book-signing. Do the customers buy a book and queue up for it to be signed, then go to the checkout; do they go to the checkout, then queue for the signature; or does the author have a pile of books by his side? They take a book from a pile, then queue up for the author, who also has a pile of books by his side (in case you want another one for your auntie).

Remembering the Idea Fairy, I write it all down...

Someone left a fully-functional ergonomic keyboard outside their house today. It said so on a piece of paper sellotaped to it, which also said "Take me Home!" So I did. Aren't people nice? I'm using it now. And I suppose I must do likewise with my old keyboard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home